iMAP Program Info
Students’ social emotional well-being plays an important role in learning and academic achievement. (Elias, Wang, Weisberg, & Walberg, 2002)
Researched based social and emotional learning programs that are well designed and implemented have been successful in offering skills for mental health, improving classroom behavior, and increasing achievement. (Durlak, Weisberg, Dymnicki, Taylor, & Schellinger, 2011)
Recognizing the importance the of social emotional well-being, Bodhi Academy offers an Integrated Mindfulness Afterschool Program (iMAP) to support students' academic and social emotional development through the practice of mindfulness and other enriching activities.
iMAP Registration for 2017-2018 school year is now open!
Give us a try and see the positive
development in your child's growth!
Our Integrated Mindfulness Afterschool Program (iMAP) will serve multiple purposes from academic improvements to making a positive impact to young children by
- Providing a fun and safe place for elementary and middle school students during after school hours through mindfulness workshops and positive interaction with caring adult role models.
- Assisting in academic improvement with tutoring and/or assistance to complete their homework
- Introducing and engaging youth in a mindful, positive, balanced life-long inner peace and mental stability
- Learning additional social skills with variety of subjects not offered in traditional schools
Indirectly, the implementation of the iMAP is expected to
- Support an active learning environment in school
- Provide a balanced lifestyle for youth participants
- Effectively increase health, wellness and fitness for youth
- Potentially decrease juvenile concerns
iMAP Schedule of Operation:
- School Year 2017-2018 Schedule: from Sep 4, 2017 to June 22, 2018
- Monday, Tuesday, Friday from 2:30pm to 6pm; Wednesday from 1pm to 6pm; Thursday from 2pm to 6pm.
- Various wonderful value-added activities including but not limited to:
- Guided Relaxation: offer a body scan technique to help students learn to truly relax every part of their bodies by letting go of tensions and stress that have built up during the school day.
- Academic Support: assist students to complete their homework in a fresh mind and body following the guided relaxation.
- Mindful Snacking: provide students with an opportunity to learn mindful eating to fully enjoy their meals and develop healthy eating habit.
- Brain Breaks: help students to relax their minds in order to enhance focus and attention while doing homework or studying.
- Enriching Worshops: equip students with additional social skill set such as yoga, integral tai-chi, arts and crafts, earth stewardship, peer pressure resolution, mindfulness lessons, Vietnamese language, etc.
iMAP Monthly Fee:
- $300 per student for full time attendance of all 5 days a week.
- Advanced Payment Discounts: 3 months ($50 off), 6 months ($200 off), School Year ($450 off)
- Partial attendance rate is also available upon request.
- $20/hour for private tutoring for a requested subject.
- ~ $150/month for daily pick-up from school to BYA Center.
- Siblings discount and part-time attendance rate is available upon request.
- Financial Aid and Scholarships are also available to qualified students. Just contact us. No student is turned away from Bodhi Academy!
Please click here for Payment Methods