Integrated Mindfulness Afterschool Program
Students’ social emotional well-being plays an important role in learning and academic achievement. (Elias, Wang, Weisberg, & Walberg, 2002)
Researched based social and emotional learning programs that are well designed and implemented have been successful in offering skills for mental health, improving classroom behavior, and increasing achievement. (Durlak, Weisberg, Dymnicki, Taylor, & Schellinger, 2011)
Recognizing the importance the of social emotional well-being, Bodhi Academy offers an Integrated Mindfulness Afterschool Program (iMAP) to support students' academic and social emotional development through the practice of mindfulness and other enriching activities.
iMAP Registration for 2016-2017 school year is now open!
Give us a try and see the positive
development in your child's growth!
Our Integrated Mindfulness Afterschool Program (iMAP) will serve multiple purposes from academic improvements to making a positive impact to young children by
- Providing a fun and safe place for elementary and middle school students during after school hours through mindfulness workshops and positive interaction with caring adult role models.
- Assisting in academic improvement with tutoring and/or assistance to complete their homework
- Introducing and engaging youth in a mindful, positive, balanced life-long inner peace and mental stability
- Learning additional social skills with variety of subjects not offered in traditional schools
Indirectly, the implementation of the iMAP is expected to
- Support an active learning environment in school
- Provide a balanced lifestyle for youth participants
- Effectively increase health, wellness and fitness for youth
- Potentially decrease juvenile concerns