- To provide students an opportunity to attend our Integrated Mindfulness After-School Program (iMAP) so that they may build a strong foundation for lifelong social-emotional wellbeing.
- A daily mindfulness practice has been proven to support students’ academic development through improving their concentration, reducing stress levels, and training them to effectively deal with difficult emotions.
Full Ride Scholarship
- The student awarded a full ride will be committed to attending iMAP every school day (Monday – Friday). Regularly practicing alongside other students and instructors makes it easier for the student to integrate mindfulness into his/her academic learning.
- With the support of experienced instructors, the student will learn how to breathe, sit, walk, and eat mindfully so that he/she has a chance to slow down after a long day at school and develop greater self-awareness and appreciation for the present moment. When practicing to rest the body and mind, the student experiences calmness and enhanced concentration, which allows him/her to study, learn, and complete homework more effectively.
- The student will also practice Bodhi Academy’s core values of Compassion, Awareness, Respect, and Exploration (CARE) through mindfulness lessons, team-building exercises, art, science projects, etc. and the ethical guidance of instructors.
- A daily participation in iMAP during these 6 months will help him/her develop strong social-emotional skills, inner stability, and a wholesome, balanced lifestyle — all of which has been proven to have a positive effect on academic engagement.
The student will have all expenses paid for those 10 months of the 2018 school year with a total value of $3,000.
- The student awarded a 50% scholarship will also be committed to attending iMAP every school day (Monday – Friday) in order to fully benefit from the mindfulness practice and build a strong foundation for lifelong social-emotional wellbeing.
- The student will enjoy all the aforementioned benefits listed underneath the Full Scholarship and will have 50% expenses paid for the months of January – June 2018 with a total value of $1,500.
1st – 8th grade students who are:
- From families with low-income / financial hardship
- Foster care
- Have academic challenges
- Experience emotional stress
- OR any student with special circumstances and an interest in learning mindfulness practices for the enrichment of their daily life, stress reduction, and academic support.
How to Apply:
- Send a letter describing why you want to learn (or continue practicing) mindfulness at Bodhi Academy’s Integrated After-School Mindfulness Program (iMAP) and how you think it will help you in your life, school, and relationships.
- A copy of recent academic report card
- Statement on your financial circumstance
- Include your name, age, phone number, email address, and school district
- ** We will also accept letters written to us by parents of interested students **
Email your application to email@example.com or send hard copies with the title “Bodhi Academy iMAP Scholarship Application” to 8762 Garden Grove Blvd. #102, Garden Grove, CA 92844.
Deadline: January 31, 2017
To help us make these scholarships more freely available, please consider donating to our center. All proceeds will go towards sponsoring students in attending our after-school program.