We are happy to announce financial aids and scholarship opportunities for the 2019-2020 school year with full and 50% scholarships are available to qualified students.
- To provide qualified students an opportunity to attend our Integrated Mindfulness After-School Program (iMAP) so that they may build a strong foundation for lifelong social-emotional well being.
- A daily mindfulness practice has been proven to support students’ academic development through improving their concentration, reducing stress levels, and training them to effectively deal with difficult emotions.
Full Ride Scholarship
- Student awarded a full ride scholarship will be committed to attending iMAP every school day (Monday – Friday). Regularly practicing alongside other students and instructors makes it easier for the student to integrate mindfulness into his/her academic learning.
- With the support of experienced instructors, the student will learn how to breathe, sit, walk, and eat mindfully so that he/she has a chance to slow down after a long day at school and develop greater self-awareness and appreciation for the present moment. When practicing to rest the body and mind, the student experiences calmness and enhanced concentration, which allows him/her to study, learn, and complete homework more effectively.
- The student will also demonstrate the diligent practice Bodhi Academy’s core values of Compassion, Awareness, Respect, and Exploration (CARE) through mindfulness lessons, team-building exercises, art, science projects, etc. and the ethical guidance of instructors.
- A daily participation in iMAP during these school months will help him/her develop strong social-emotional skills, inner stability, and a wholesome, balanced lifestyle — all of which has been proven to have a positive effect on academic engagement.
- Qualified students will have all expenses paid for those 10 months of the school year with a total value of $3,000.
25% to 50% Scholarship and Financial Aids
- Student may be awarded a 25% to 50% scholarship or financial aid based on family income qualifications
- Students will also be committed to attending iMAP every school day (Monday – Friday) in order to fully benefit from the mindfulness practice and build a strong foundation for lifelong social-emotional wellbeing.
- The student will enjoy all the aforementioned benefits listed underneath the Full Scholarship and will have 25% to 50% expenses paid for the months of a school year with a total value up to $1,500.
1st – 8th grade students who are:
- From families with low-income/financial hardship
- Foster care families
- OR any student with special circumstances and an interest in learning mindfulness practices for the enrichment of their daily life, stress reduction, and academic support.
How to Apply:
- Send a letter describing why you’d want your children to learn (or continue practicing) mindfulness at Bodhi Academy’s Integrated After-School Mindfulness Program (iMAP) and how you think it will help your children in life, school, and relationships.
- For scholarships, we will also need a similar letter from the students.
- A copy of recent academic report card
- Statement on your financial hardship circumstance
- Include your name, age, phone number, email address, and school district
- ** We will also accept recommendation letters written to us for interested students **
Email your application to: email@example.com or send hard copies with the title “Bodhi Academy iMAP Scholarship Application” to 8762 Garden Grove Blvd. #102, Garden Grove, CA 92844.
To help us make these scholarships more freely available, please consider to invite donors to our center.
All proceeds will go towards sponsoring students in attending our after-school program.