iMAP Program Info
Integrated Mindfulness Afterschool Program
Students’ social emotional well-being plays an important role in learning and academic achievement. (Elias, Wang, Weisberg, & Walberg, 2002)
Researched based social and emotional learning programs that are well designed and implemented have been successful in offering skills for mental health, improving classroom behavior, and increasing achievement. (Durlak, Weisberg, Dymnicki, Taylor, & Schellinger, 2011)
Recognizing the importance the of social emotional well-being and the essential training of inner fitness at young age, Bodhi Academy offers an Integrated Mindfulness After-school Program (iMAP) in Orange County, CA to support K-8 students’ academic and social emotional development through the practice of mindfulness and other enrichment activities.
iMAP Registration for 2019-2020 school year is on-going!
Give us a try to see the positive
development in your child’s growth!
Our Integrated Mindfulness Afterschool Program (iMAP) will serve multiple purposes from academic improvements to making a positive impact to young children by
- Providing a fun and safe place for elementary and middle school students during after school hours through mindfulness practice and positive interaction with caring adult role models.
- Assisting in academic improvement with tutoring and/or assistance to complete their homework
- Encouraging students to cultivate compassion, awareness, respect, and exploration
- Learning additional social-emotional skills not offered in traditional schools
Indirectly, the implementation of the iMAP is expected to
- Support an active learning environment in school
- Provide a well-balanced lifestyle for youth
- Promote mental wellness and inner fitness
- Potentially prevent juvenile concerns
iMAP Schedule of Operation:
- 2019-2020 School Year Schedule: from August 28, 2019 to June 19, 2020
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday from 2:30pm to 6:30pm; Wednesday from 1:00pm to 6:00pm
- Various activities including but not limited to:
- Guided Relaxation: offer a body scan technique to help students learn to truly relax every part of their bodies by letting go of tensions and stress that have built up during the school day.
- Academic Support: assist students to complete their homework in a fresh mind and body following the guided relaxation.
- Mindful Snacking: provide students with an opportunity to learn mindful eating to fully enjoy their meals and develop healthy eating habits.
- Brain Break Exercises: help students to relax their minds in order to enhance focus and attention while doing homework or studying.
- Enriching Workshops: broaden students’ skill sets through yoga, arts and crafts, earth stewardship, science, conflict resolution, mindfulness lessons, etc.
iMAP Monthly Fee:
- $300 per student for full time attendance of all 5 days a week.
- Advanced Payment Discounts: 3 months ($50 off), 6 months ($125 off), School Year ($300 off)
- Partial attendance rate is also available upon request.
- $20/hour for private tutoring on a requested subject.
- ~ $150/month for daily pick-up from school to BYA Center.
- Siblings discount and part-time attendance rate is available upon request.
- Financial Aid and Scholarships are also available to qualified students. Just contact us. No student is turned away from Bodhi Academy for not having enough money for tuition!
We care for your children wellness, not for profits! Since we are the only a non-profit afterschool center promoting SEL learning through mindfulness.